Hygge: The Danish Way To Live Well


I bought a book named The Little Book of Hygge. The Danish Way To Live Well this July. Honestly, I had no intention to buy a book that day, but the cover book intrigued me and the word "Hygge" seemed familiar to me. Turned out this book is so easy to read and made me calm.




What is Hygge?
Hygge (you read it Hoo-Ga, lol) is a danish word. It is hard to explain about Hygge, the book said you dont explain it, you feel it. After finishing this book, I know that I always crave for a Hygge. Hygge is a feeling about home, a feeling that we are safe, a feeling about being with someone we love.

The author, Meik Wiking is a CEO of Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen. He studied about what makes people happy. He is based in Denmark, and Denmark consistently ranks among the happiest nations in the world by the European Social Survey. One of the reasons is Hygge itself.

It is said in the book that hygge and happiness are linked, as hygge may be the pursuit of everyday happiness and some of the key of components of hygge are drivers of happiness. Hygge is like drinking a cup of coffee while reading a book in front of fireplace wearing a warm sweater in winter. Do you see what hygge is? For me it is an act or a thing of warmness, home, and comfy. The reason why Danish people are happy is they always crave this kind of hygge everywhere they go. Whether it's in their own house; like putting candles in the evening, when they hang out in cafe; the more hygge the better, they are not really fond of razzle-dazzle, and many others.

I've always been a fan of coffee with books, and steadiness. I sometimes prefer stay at home rather than going out, and this book taught me that I actually am a hygge seeker. Now I finally can put a name on it, I want people to feel what I feel. The feeling of being safe and comfort.





There are some recipes in the book




I hope more to come! Thanks for reading, xo

Comments

Popular Posts