What I do when I have free time: GO TO ART MUSEUM IN JAKARTA

Hello!

I just resigned from my very first job on November. And I have 3 weeks of free time for me to rest, spend time with family, boyfriend and friends, quality time for myself, and what I will tell here; explore Jakarta!

One of my favorite activities to do is going to ART museum or exhibition. Art is always my guilty pleasure. I love sightseeing art piece and most importanytly, posing with the art piece itself! So recently, there was a new art museum in Jakarta that just publicly opened. It was named Museum Macan: Modern and Contemporary Art in Nusantara located in AKR Tower JL.Panjang no.5 Kebon Jeruk West Jakarta

I went there by Grab. You can go there by angkot M11 or transjakarta. But you have to walk around 700m-1km to AKR Tower. Or any other public transportations that you can google, I'm not really good at West Jakarta's side

Anw, my sister was the one who asked me to go there. She said it is free. But dont forget about what your elders said: NEVER TRUST YOUR YOUNGER SIBLINGS!!! Museum Macan costs Rp 50.000, it is not free at all! For me 50k is a little bit pricey. I love the art piece, but sorry to say they are not that spectacular so 50k is expensive for me. 

The most wanted art to see in Museum Macan is "Infinity Room". I went there on weekday but the queue was still long. We can only enter the Infinity Room for 45 seconds, maximum 2 people. And 2 people was also 45 secs, not doubled. It is basically a room full of...lamps? I dont know what they are called, lol. Here's the infinity room:


And these are my photos in Museum Macan:


You can also color the art crown and polish a piece of paper. These activities are actually for children but adults are welcome here. My favorite room and art piece among them all!! Here's me coloring:


Another photos:

Honest review? This museum is not my favorite, I felt bored even. It will be better if they have bigger and smaller art piece just like the one in Ruci Artspace. Thankfully they have a big space so people wont disturb another people eventhough it was crowded. I dont know in the weekend tho.

But this museum macan is another great piece of work from the artist and Jakarta! I really hope Jakarta will create another interesting places like this museum macan. Ciao, see you on another adventure!! Xo

Another art piece just to spoil you:


Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts